« Home | //fishin' for compliments// » | the lyebarry. » | ..:://karis//::.. » | ..:://spur.of.the.moment//::.. » | ..:://Mission in the (Post)Modern Context: Renovat... » | ..::/read between the lines/::.. » | "I enjoy being unimpressive... I sleep better" » | ..::uncertainty::.. » | ..::postsecret::.. » | just a snack. »

..::all things know::..


welp the semester is officially over. I came out with 3 A's and 1 A-. I'm kind of perturbed at the A-, but I don't want to be "that guy". So, I'll quietly back away from the asshole in me, and be happy about my grades.

on another note... things at work have been really hectic/annoying lately. Our annual Christmas worship service, "Carols and Candles", is this Thursday. All the planning and changing of plans has been rather exhausting. Plus I really don't enjoy decorating.

(the picture is of the stage in the sanctuary)

Also, we're finally getting a new chaplain at work. I think he is going to be a great fit for the work that we do at the Home, and it will be an incredible feeling to have someone who actually knows what they are doing in the office.

Lately, when I hang out with the students at work I feel completely inadequate. I make so many mistakes with them it seems. I'm finding it quite difficult to create a good boundary between being a friend and being an adult with them. Either extreme seems entirely unacceptable in my line of work. I would imagine it's all just a learning process.

I'm really just rambling now. I am thinking about making a photoblog, but I really don't know a good server to put it on, nor do I think I will post enough pictures on it to warrant my need of one.

peace.

jared.

Labels:

Hey Jared! you do an amazing job at the Methodist Home....just from the little time i have been there, i know you love and they love you! ohhh, the mistakes we will make...don't worry, i bet i could beat your stories!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm jared slack
  • From Waco, Texas, United States
  • Only God can judge me.
My profile
Truett Seminary

Links

Archives

"A God who cannot suffer is poorer than any human. For a God who is incapable of suffering is a being who cannot be involved. Suffering and injustice do not affect him. And because he is so completely insensitive, he cannot be affected or shaken by anything. He cannot weep, for he has no tears. But the one who cannot suffer cannot love either. So he is also a loveless being." ------ Jurgen Moltmann

Powered by Blogger