« Home | "I enjoy being unimpressive... I sleep better" » | ..::uncertainty::.. » | ..::postsecret::.. » | just a snack. » | UM ARMY » | forgiveness. » | improvised wisdom. » | i love my job. » | down to the wire. » | let's make a deal... »

..::/read between the lines/::..

I want to write something profound:

//something that will elicit your curiosity or prolong your misguided estimation of my intellectual ability//

Unfortunately, the words just don't seem to be forth coming. Of course I could blow smoke up your ass, get your attention for a moment with the thrills and spills of my life, but all my possible rants about Jesus, philosophy, or the harrowing tale of a paradigm shifting experience just seems so futile... so forced... so fruitless.

It seems that in this moment, like so many moments lately, my actions just don't seem to match up with what I'd hope they could attain to: being worthy of your interest.

And it's not your fault.

It's mine.

I'm just not what I wish I was, or what I hoped you'd wanted.

i'm done.

jared.


p.s. i want to hookah. really bad.


*cue Death Cab music*

i have no idea what just happened here...

Authenticity trumps being clever... it helps us become someone with something to say instead of just trying to say something.

Why do we have to prove ourselves to people? Why do we think we have to be stimulating to prove we are someone great? It's hard to get out of this rut when the world tells we have to be interesting. Truth is, we are interesting with all of our quirks whether we like them or not. I have to learn this now...thanks for the reminder.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm jared slack
  • From Waco, Texas, United States
  • Only God can judge me.
My profile
Truett Seminary

Links

Archives

"A God who cannot suffer is poorer than any human. For a God who is incapable of suffering is a being who cannot be involved. Suffering and injustice do not affect him. And because he is so completely insensitive, he cannot be affected or shaken by anything. He cannot weep, for he has no tears. But the one who cannot suffer cannot love either. So he is also a loveless being." ------ Jurgen Moltmann

Powered by Blogger