« Home | //checking in// » | //i don't know what to do with myself// » | //it's all in the jiggle// » | //Lord, have mercy// » | love potion #9. » | //all things new// » | //ryland// » | //save me// » | //home for the holidays// » | ..::all things know::.. »

..::::..

I'm not one of those people who feels incredibly obligated to keep everyone up to date on their life's happenings. It's just not me really. I might have been that person in the past, but I am not that now. As of late I have preferred the company of a good book and my dog, and haven't felt the need to let anyone in on that.

Even more, I haven't felt much like posting anything recently. To be honest I haven't felt much like myself, so writing anything would have been just a little bit too forced.

In "losing" my job at the Methodist Home it felt like that part of me that was struggling to emerge from the rubble of past experiences that had finally found it's niche was being pulled right out from under me. I was caught off guard and I got burned. I'm not ashamed to admit that it was something that hurt me and left me just slightly scarred. It seems that I have yet again found myself weary of the establishment and burdened by this damn calling that is mine. It is a nasty thing, this experience of grace and the need to share it.

I'm still not ready to step out of this funk. It's nothing to worry about (that's what I keep telling myself), and I am sure that once my life settles down, I find a job(s), and begin a new semester this will all just pass over.

jared.

About me

  • I'm jared slack
  • From Waco, Texas, United States
  • Only God can judge me.
My profile
Truett Seminary

Links

Archives

"A God who cannot suffer is poorer than any human. For a God who is incapable of suffering is a being who cannot be involved. Suffering and injustice do not affect him. And because he is so completely insensitive, he cannot be affected or shaken by anything. He cannot weep, for he has no tears. But the one who cannot suffer cannot love either. So he is also a loveless being." ------ Jurgen Moltmann

Powered by Blogger