« Home | //it's all in the jiggle// » | //Lord, have mercy// » | love potion #9. » | //all things new// » | //ryland// » | //save me// » | //home for the holidays// » | ..::all things know::.. » | //fishin' for compliments// » | the lyebarry. »

//i don't know what to do with myself//

well. I'm officially unemployed now.

Being on this side of employment after having held a rather steady and grown up kind of job is incredibly awkward. I remember as a college student how effortlessly I could waste a day away with absolutely no activity. As if sitting on the couch or playing video games until my backside went completely numb was at one time something worth boasting over.

In the past several months I have gotten used to the idea of being useful. I am amazed at how quickly I’ve gone from being important to feeling menial. With just one day of joblessness under my belt, I already feel utterly worthless. Idleness is gnawing away at me. I haven’t "produced" anything that is of any value in some 24 hours. I haven't spent time talking with a kid about their life. I haven't picked up my guitar to go over music. I haven’t given any thought whatsoever to this Sunday’s liturgy. Any activity that would have defined me two days ago is missing from me at the moment, and it scares me that it may be a long time before I get to do them again.

Today, I woke up. Had a bowl of cereal. Walked my dog. Read a book. Worked out. Took pictures.

Here’s evidence that I am good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit that people still like me...



Labels: ,

i still like you.

sweet jared! what happened...i think i need the story. I have been where you are, I wish i could help, but you will learn something from this too. loveyou

dude...you're missing your chance...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm jared slack
  • From Waco, Texas, United States
  • Only God can judge me.
My profile
Truett Seminary

Links

Archives

"A God who cannot suffer is poorer than any human. For a God who is incapable of suffering is a being who cannot be involved. Suffering and injustice do not affect him. And because he is so completely insensitive, he cannot be affected or shaken by anything. He cannot weep, for he has no tears. But the one who cannot suffer cannot love either. So he is also a loveless being." ------ Jurgen Moltmann

Powered by Blogger