« Home | something to win you back.... » | Who am I? Part Deux. » | Who am I? » | Coming Soon... » | The Liberation of Truth - Installment Dos. » | The Essence of Faith. » | Guest Appearance... » | the truth is out there... » | The Liberation of Truth - An Introduction » | Why this? »

Who am I? The End.

Part One
Part Two

Alright, after much anticipation, I wrote this today during my time as a German Teacher. Enjoy.

My “us/them” mentality has come asunder as of late. I no longer see myself as a walking confliction of Catholic and Protestant beliefs continually vying for my allegiance. Through conversations and deep inward contemplation I have come to an understanding that faith is not about labeling myself, and being confident in any particular dogma. It’s about living, being, and struggling with the paradox that is grace and growing fond of my ability to relate with God. No denomination can claim to be the sole proprietor of grace and it’s alright that I don’t know who it is that I am. It’s not a curse for me to come from a mixed background any longer, it’s actually a blessing that I have began to embrace. For me, my heritage is that of a Hispanic Catholic. I will embrace this and I will stand against anyone who wishes to demean or demonize either group. Not because I think either is without flaw, but I think it’s a major flaw in our society that supports the notion that in some circumstances we should be ashamed of who we are.

FINALLY!
WOOHOO!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm jared slack
  • From Waco, Texas, United States
  • Only God can judge me.
My profile
Truett Seminary

Links

Archives

"A God who cannot suffer is poorer than any human. For a God who is incapable of suffering is a being who cannot be involved. Suffering and injustice do not affect him. And because he is so completely insensitive, he cannot be affected or shaken by anything. He cannot weep, for he has no tears. But the one who cannot suffer cannot love either. So he is also a loveless being." ------ Jurgen Moltmann

Powered by Blogger